Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from the Low-Fat Living for Real People cookbook. It say in the book it has no sodium. I love spinach with strawberries and this dressing is really good.
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, with stems removed,sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) bagpre-washed Baby Spinach
- Put all dressing ingredients together in a smalll jar, shake well and set aside to let the flavors blend.
- Lay spinach on a platter and mound berries in the middle.
- Before serving, shake dressing and pour carefully over the salad.
Delicious! I loved this. I added some blanched asparagus, Granny Smith Apples and toasted pecans to mine. I loved the dressing, it complimented the salad perfectly.
I, like an earlier review, had not had strawberry and spinach together. This was a great salad, I added green onion instead of the dried onions. I will have this again.
I've never tried strawberries with spinach before and was surprised at how yummy it was. I did change a few things - used balsamic vinegar and olive oil (still used the sugar). I also used green onions instead of onion flakes because I wanted to use them up. I also added a little bit of babybel cheese and toasted walnuts, just because it sounded good.