Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the California Strawberry Commission. Very easy to make!
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey (slightly warmed to help in blending)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, stemmed and halved
- 1 small red onion, sliced and cut into crescents
- loose leaf lettuce
- Salad Dressing: In small non-reactive bowl, combine the salad dressing ingredients. Blend thoroughly using an immersion blender and set aside. Best prepared 1 hour in advance of serving.
- Salad: To assemble salads, line four individual serving plates with the lettuce.
- Arrange strawberries and onion crescents, equally divided, on the lettuce leaves.
- Whisk dressing before serving and serve on side.
This is an excellent salad! I use romaine lettuce and add some sliced cucumber as well. In a pinch, I use bottled poppyseed dressing. Either way, it's very tasty!
I really enjoy this recipe. I have made it many times especially when strawberries are in season. I have also used butter lettuce. Butter lettuce is extremely mild.