Recipe by Kathy in Fla
Posting this as a request. Found it while searching the web. Prep and cook times are estimated.
Top Review by elflngchld
Made a recipe similar to this - we had 3 cups of mashed strawberries left after making strawberry jam, so we boiled 4 peaches and prepped them for mashing, mashed and mixed with the strawberries. We used 5 cups of sugar, a little bit of lemon juice, and powder pectin. Came out very good, but a little bit liquidy - it jellies more after sitting in the fridge. I probably should have added more pectin, but it's delicious anyway!
- 1 (1 lb) box frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 1⁄4 cups peaches, peeled and chopped
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) box powdered fruit pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure strawberries and place in large saucepan. (There should be about 1 3/4 cups.) Peel and pit about 2 1/2 pounds fully ripe peaches. Crush thoroughly. Add enough peaches (about 2 1/4 cups) to strawberries to make 4 cups fruit.
- Measure sugar and set aside.
- Place saucepan holding fruit over high heat. Add fruit pectin and stir until mixture comes to a hard boil. At once stir in sugar.
- Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard, one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, skim and ladle quickly into hot sterilized glasses. Process for 10 mins in hot water bath. Makes 8 (6 oz.) glasses.