Recipe by ~Leslie~
This is a fantastic dessert that I got from O-chef. We tried it and loved it. It is sort of like a strawberry pudding. Strawberry fool is best when the fruit is mashed rather than puréed, resulting in a more appealing texture. This can be made 4 hours ahead.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Awesome dessert Leslie. We really enjoyed this special treat. Loved the addition of the yogurt and the liqueur. The fool was silky and creamy, with lovely pockets of fruit flavor. Thanks for sharing.
- 12 ounces basket strawberries, hulled, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt (do not use low-fat or nonfat)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons Cointreau liqueur (optional) or 2 teaspoons orange liqueur (optional)
- additional strawberry, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chopped strawberries in medium bowl. Mash coarsely with fork. Place in colander and let drain 15 minutes.
- Beat cream in large bowl to form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in yogurt, sugar, orange juice and peel.
- Fold in Cointreau, if desired.
- Gently fold in strawberries.
- Divide among 4 wineglasses or coupes.
- Cover and chill.
- This can be made 4 hours ahead.
- Garnish fools with additional halved strawberries and serve.