Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the 2009 Taste of Home Best Every Chicken Cookbook. Preparation time does not include the time needed to cook the chicken breast.
- 2 cups spinach, torn
- 2 cups lettuce leaves, torn
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup fresh strawberries, fresh
- 1 navel orange, peeled, cut into segments
- 1⁄4 cup syrup (for pancakes, strawberry-flavored)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cashews (optional)
- Divide spinach & lettuce between 2 salad plates, then arrange the chicken, strawberries & oranges on the lettuce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the syrup & vinegar, then drizzle it over the salads, before topping with the nuts, if used.
Wanted a light dinner tonight and this fit the bill. I did double it due there are 4 of us. Could not be any easier. A keeper here, as this has more than one uses, appetizer, salad, or light dinner. Another keeper from Syd. Made for PRMR tag.
Very good! It really is a nice combination. I was interested in how the strawberries fit in, but I see it does without any problems. Which is fine with me, because I love strawberries :)
This is quick easy and so refreshing for a hot summers day. I just bought a BBQ chook from the store and pulled the meat off. I also added some goats cheese balls and avocado to the salad apart from that I followed everything else as written . It was so delicious and was thoroughly enjoyed by myself and son. We love our salads and this was a perfect one for us. Cheers Sydney for a very light and delicious salad. :)