Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from the 2009 Taste of Home Best Every Chicken Cookbook. Preparation time does not include the time needed to cook the chicken breast.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Wanted a light dinner tonight and this fit the bill. I did double it due there are 4 of us. Could not be any easier. A keeper here, as this has more than one uses, appetizer, salad, or light dinner. Another keeper from Syd. Made for PRMR tag.
- 2 cups spinach, torn
- 2 cups lettuce leaves, torn
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup fresh strawberries, fresh
- 1 navel orange, peeled, cut into segments
- 1⁄4 cup syrup (for pancakes, strawberry-flavored)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cashews (optional)
- Divide spinach & lettuce between 2 salad plates, then arrange the chicken, strawberries & oranges on the lettuce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the syrup & vinegar, then drizzle it over the salads, before topping with the nuts, if used.