Recipe by ellie_
Recipe source: WW Turn up the Flavor cookbook. 2 points plus/serving
Top Review by diner524
Absolutely delicious and so refreshing during these hot days of summer!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe, but now wish I had made the whole amount. To me, it was the perfect blend of the citrus and sweetness of the strawberries. I don't have an ice cream maker any longer(DH decided it wasn't used enough and threw it away), so I made the recipe as written, except I froze it, then added it to my mini food processor and then repeated this, and it was perfect. Thanks for sharing this keeper. Made for PRMR Tag Game.
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 slices lime zest (3 inch)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 1⁄2 cups strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine first 3 ingredients (water to zest) and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes. Discard zest and stir in lime juice.
- Puree 1 cup of the syrup with 3 1/2 cups of strawberries in food processor or blender. Stir mixture into remaining syrup. Pour mixture through a sieve into a medium bowl and discard solids. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and process following manufacturer's directions and then transfer sorbet to freezer container and freeze until firm (2-6 hours).
- To serve, slice remaining strawberries and scoop sorbet into 8 dessert dishes and top with sliced strawberries.