Prep 6 hrs
Cook 5 mins
Recipe source: WW Turn up the Flavor cookbook. 2 points plus/serving
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 slices lime zest (3 inch)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 1⁄2 cups strawberries
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine first 3 ingredients (water to zest) and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes. Discard zest and stir in lime juice.
- Puree 1 cup of the syrup with 3 1/2 cups of strawberries in food processor or blender. Stir mixture into remaining syrup. Pour mixture through a sieve into a medium bowl and discard solids. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and process following manufacturer's directions and then transfer sorbet to freezer container and freeze until firm (2-6 hours).
- To serve, slice remaining strawberries and scoop sorbet into 8 dessert dishes and top with sliced strawberries.
Pure fresh tasting goodness. Made using Splenda in place of the sugar so didn't need to boil the syrup, just mix blend and chill. Mine was cold enought for the ice cream maker in about 40 mins and then had reached soft serve stage (my favorite consistancy) in 20 mins. Really a lovely sorbet and so very good. :D
Absolutely delicious and so refreshing during these hot days of summer!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe, but now wish I had made the whole amount. To me, it was the perfect blend of the citrus and sweetness of the strawberries. I don't have an ice cream maker any longer(DH decided it wasn't used enough and threw it away), so I made the recipe as written, except I froze it, then added it to my mini food processor and then repeated this, and it was perfect. Thanks for sharing this keeper. Made for PRMR Tag Game.