Prep 3 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is posted by request.
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen, sliced strawberries with sugar, thawed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Combine the strawberries, their liquid, sugar, lemon juice and 1 cup water in an enamel or stainless steel saucepan.
- Stir and bring to a simmer over medium low heat.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring often.
- The liquid should resemble a thin syrup.
- Line a sieve with 2 layers of cheese cloth and strain the syrup, gently pressing on the strawberries-discard the pulp or serve as a jam.
- You should end up with 2 1/4 cups syrup.
- Pour syrup into a sterile jar, cool and cover.
- To serve combine 1/4 cup of syrup with 1/2 cup water or sparkling water and 3 or 4 ice cubes.
- Will keep 3 or 4 days on the counter.