Recipe by Rose's Granddaughter
Perfect for a picnic or BBQ or a very hot day. This looks like it would be a sweet salad - but it is in fact, PERFECT. We recently served this at a bridal shower and each guest demanded a copy of the recipe. The bride sent it out with her thank you notes.
- 6 cups bite-sized salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, sliced
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup alfafa mixed sprouts
- 3⁄4 cup piece jicama
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss salad ingredients together.
- In a tight and sealed container - shake the dressing ingredient well.
- Chill and pour over the salad right before serving.
- May like to add toasted pecans or slivered almonds.
- Don't over-do it on the fruit, or it will be too sweet.