Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
If possible try to prepare the dressing in advance and chill for a couple of hours to blend flavors, this dressing is very good!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, slices
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey
- 1 -2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- black pepper (optional)
- In a bowl whisk all dressing ingredients together until well blended (can use a processor to blend the dressing).
- In a large bowl toss together the lettuce, toasted almonds and feta cheese.
- Pour the dressing over; toss to combine.
Dressing is excellent! I picked this because BF has been on a fruit and cheese salad kick so I though I'd do him a favor by making this. Also I had some feta cheese to use up. Since I realized too late that I had no almonds, I substituted toasted sunflower seeds. Strawberries were very sweet considering it was the middle of the winter. My only change to the dressing was to make with MUCH less oil. I saved the leftovers for another salad, and I did make the dressing in advance to combine flavors. Great dressing and salad. Thanks!
We thought this was a really nice salad. The first day I used romaine lettuce and because I had left over dressing the next day I used baby greens. I think I preferred the baby greens, but both were very good! All the flavors worked together nicely.
This is a fabulous summer salad. My husband and son loved it too. All the flavours go together nicely. I had dressing left over, which I had the next day on a red cabbage salad. I will be bringing this to bbq's all summer long. Thanks so much Kitten!