Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If possible try to prepare the dressing in advance and chill for a couple of hours to blend flavors, this dressing is very good!
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Dressing is excellent! I picked this because BF has been on a fruit and cheese salad kick so I though I'd do him a favor by making this. Also I had some feta cheese to use up. Since I realized too late that I had no almonds, I substituted toasted sunflower seeds. Strawberries were very sweet considering it was the middle of the winter. My only change to the dressing was to make with MUCH less oil. I saved the leftovers for another salad, and I did make the dressing in advance to combine flavors. Great dressing and salad. Thanks!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, slices
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey
- 1 -2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- black pepper (optional)