Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a wonderful pie. Very different and really delicious. If you're worried about raw eggs just use pasturized eggs (I get them at Target). You wouldn't get the same flavor or melt-in-your-mouth texture using cream cheese or pudding as a substitute. Very easy and quick to put together.
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced and sweetened strawberries, drained
- 1 whole strawberry, for garnish
- mint leaf, for garnish
- With an electric mixer, cream together butter and powdered sugar; add eggs.
- Beat ingredients until fluffy. Spread over crust.
- Meanwhile, mix whipped cream with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Toss strawberries with 1/4 cup sugar. Spread half the whipped cream over pie, then add the strawberries.
- Top with remaining whipped cream.
- Chill for at least 8 hours.
- Garnish with whole berries and mint leaves.