1/7 Photos of Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes
1 hr 30 mins
Pop! Cake mix and soda create a delicious strawberry-and-cream dessert. Taken from Betty Crocker website -- Posted for the Think Pink Event Oct. 09
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix (calls for Betty Crocker Supermoist)
- 1 1/4 cups strawberry soda
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- red food coloring
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup white candy sprinkles
- fresh strawberries, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans).
- 2Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- 3Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for 24 cupcakes, substituting soda for the water and using oil and egg whites.
- 4Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack.
- 5Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 6Stir 1 or 2 drops food color into frosting.
- 7Frost cupcakes.
- 8In small resealable food-storage plastic bag, place sprinkles and 1 drop food color; seal bag.
- 9Gently shake and massage sprinkles until mixture is various shades of pink; sprinkle around edges of frosted cupcakes.
- 10Garnish with fresh strawberries, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry and Cream Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.8
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 187.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: