Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from The Daily Review newspaper.
- 18 ounces white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups strawberry soda
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 16 ounces cream cheese frosting
- 1 -3 drop red food coloring
- 1⁄2 cup white jimmies candy sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place paper baking cups in 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, soda pop, oil and egg whites on low speed 30 seconds.
- Beat 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full of batter.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Stir frosting in container 20 times.
- Stir in 1 to 2 drops red food color.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Place sprinkles and 1 drop red food coloring in small resealable plastic food storage bag; seal bag.
- Gently shake and massage sprinkles until mixture is various shades of pink; sprinkle around edges of frosted cupcakes.