Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This comes from my Parish House Inn Breakfast cookbook. Strawberry sauce to serve with is listed seperately
- 12 slices bread
- 6 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 6 teaspoons jam (strawberry, or other variation)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- strawberry sauce (Strawberry Sauce (For French Toast))
- spread cream cheese on 6 slices of bread and jam on other 6 slices, put together like a sandwich (can wrap and continue the next morning, if desired).
- mix eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- dip sandwiches in egg mixture, grill on both sides.
- cut diagonally, spoon sauce over wedges to serve.
Excellent. I was a little confused about using 1/4 of the filling for the sandwiches without directions of what to do with the rest. I used all the filling to make the sandwiches. Awesome recipe!
I was looking for a different kind of french toast, and I love the combo of strawberry and cream cheese. I scaled this down for two people, used low-sugar strawberry jam, neufchatel, and left out the sugar and vanilla in the egg dip. Topped with Redi-Wip. It tasted delicious! I'll definitely be making this again!
I loved this. I made this for breakfast on a Saturday and we really enjoyed it. So easy to make and really good. Thanks for the recipe. It was awesome. Made for PAC fall 2009