Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe from the issue of July 2006 of Coup de Pouce. It looks so fresh and yummy.
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, soften
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup small almond cookie, roughly crushed (amaretti)
- 1 tablespoon almonds, sliced, roasted
- In a bowl, with an electric mixer, mix cream cheese and 3 tablespoon of sugar for 2 minutes or until it's creamy. Add yogurt and mix until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Put strawberries in a large bowl. Add remaining sugar and stir delicately to coat well. Let rest for 5 minutes at room temperature (stir one time).
- In 6 parfait glasses of a capacity of 1 cup each, distribute half the mixture of cream cheese, half of strawberries and half of almond cookies. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cover with a plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 2 hours. When ready to serve, garnish with roasted almonds.
Awesome! Made these for our Memorial Day cook-out. I used strawberry cream cheese, let the strawberries sit in the fridge for two hours and Added sugar to the sauce so it was sinfully sweet but other than that, kept it as written. Awesome summer desert.
This was great Boomette, we loved it. I did switch the sugar to Splenda and reduced it as I don't like things to be too sweet. I used crushed graham crackers too but granola would be yummy also! Thanks for the simple recipe, I will make this again!
Mmmmmm, this is scrumptious. Smooth, creamy and the strawberries are at their peak now. I used all Splenda and non fat yogurt. it's simple to make and looks lovely as well as tasting wonderful.