Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mashed berries give the rich ice cream the fresh taste of summer.
- 2 cups strawberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- red food coloring (optional)
- chopped almonds, toasted
- In a medium bowl, mash strawberries with a potato masher until crushed.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of the milk; beat just until combined. Add mashed berries, remaining milk, whipped cream, sugar, vanilla, almond extract and if desired, red food coloring; beat just until combined.
- Freeze in 2 quart ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions. Ripen for 4 hours. Sprinkle with almonds before serving.