Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Have a great breakfast!!!
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine the cream cheese and preserves; stir with a whisk.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, poppy seeds, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk, oil, egg whites, and egg; stir well with a whisk.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon the batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray, filling one-third full.
- Top each with about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture, divide the remaining batter evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Remove the muffins from pans immediately, and place on a wire rack.
The filling was good, but the muffins themselves had no spunk or flavor.