- 8 ounces butter, almost melted
- 8 ounces caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces self-raising flour, seived
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 250 g strawberries
- 300 ml whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and caster sugar until white and fluffy.
- Beat each egg individually into the mix.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, and fold in the flour.
- Grease and flour two 9" cake tins and evenly pour the mixture into both.
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 5 and cook for 25 minutes.
- Turn the tins after 15 minutes so that the cakes rise evenly.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Cover one cake sandwich with the strawberry jam, and 100g of the strawberries finely chopped.
- Cover with 2 tbls of cream and place the other cake sandwich on top.
- Coat the top and sides of the cake with the whipped cream.
- Cut the remaining strawberries into quarters and arrange on the top of the cake.