Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Strawberries, chocolate, and cream cheese in a pastry crust. This looks amazing when it is done but takes little to no effort. Great dessert to impress with! Only baking required is a few minutes to bake the crust, the rest of the time is chilling the pie.
- 3 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pastry shells, baked (9 in)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry jam, melted
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 oz chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread or brush over the bottom and up the sides of the pie crust. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream,sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over chocolate layer; cover and chill for two hours.
- Arrange strawberries over the filling. For great presentation, cut off the tops and place the cut end down into the cream cheese mixture and have the little ends poking up. Go around the pie in a circle until it is filled in with strawberries. Brush the strawberries with the melted jam. Then melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle it over the strawberries.
I definitely had a lot of enjoyment making this pie, & I made sure I had enough pastry for a 9-inch deep dish pie! I was generous with my measurements & included a bit more than 4 cups of fresh berries! And, I made sure that I had enough chocolate to drizzle all over the top! OUTSTANDING, both in presentation & taste, especially for chocoholics like the 2 of us here! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]
This looked really pretty and tasted just as good. This would be a good pie to take to a potluck so everyone can see it.