Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect for a light brunch on a hot summer day, especially when the strawberries are in season!
- 3 large strawberries, slice 4, reserve 2 for mash
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1⁄2 Hass avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 2 ounces toasted sliced almonds
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Slice 2 strawberries thinly and slice the grilled chicken breast.
- Cut the avocado in chunks and toss with lime juice in order to avoid it turning brown.
- Mix the baby greens, almonds, chicken and sliced strawberries in a large bowl.
- Mash the remaining strawberry with the olive oil to make a thick paste.
- Add the avocado and toss one more time.
- Place all into a large serving bowl, sprinkle with the toasted almond slivers, drizzle the strawberry mash and balsamic vinegar on top.
- Enjoy with a large glass of peach iced tea!
Prepared for My-3-Chefs 2008 The flavors in this salad are wonderful. I used fresh spinach for my greens. For my tastes the dressing was too oily. I prefer a more "fruity" lighter dressing. I will definately make this again but will cut the oil in half and increase the mashed strawberries. I cut the amount of almonds in half. 2 ounces just looked like too much. I'll be grilling extra chicken just for this salad. Thanks MsRobbyn for a delightful meal that I will enjoy more in the future.