Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use liberally and wantonly as an aphrodisiac.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup champagne
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jelly (you can use preserves too but the texture will be different)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pint strawberry, stemmed and halved
- Mix together sugar, champagne and jelly in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat and cook until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to lightly boil.
- Mix water with corn starch in a separate bowl to form a paste.
- Stir into the saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Mix in strawberries and cook until heated and slightly softened.
- Serve over ice cream, sorbet or shortcake with whipped cream.