Strawberry and Brown Rice Salad
- In medium saucepan, bring stock and rice to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or just until tender.
- Drain off any liquid and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in dry medium frypan, toast pecans, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds for 2 to 3 minutes, let cool.
- In bowl or jar, mix or shake together vinegar, oil, honey and pepper.
- Five to ten minutes before serving, pour dressing over berries and toss to coat.
- Add toasted nuts, seeds, green onions and basil to rice, stir in strawberry mixture and apricots.
- Serve at room temperature on lettuce lined plates and garnish with fanned whole strawberries and basil leaves if desired.