Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a twist on a fabulous and fast recipe I found in Eating Well Magazine; it is vegetarian and low sodium. I think this would be fabulous for a bridal/baby shower luncheon! It is a great lunch salad with some bread and butter. The magazine suggests topping it with a grilled or poached chicken breast (sliced) for a great healthy dinner meal.
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (may sub brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 3 cups watercress, tough stems removed (may sub mixed greens)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (about 12 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped candied pecans (I use Perfectly Candied Pecans)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled boursin cheese (may sub goat cheese)
- Whisk maple syrup (or brown sugar), vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add spinach, watercress, strawberries and chives; toss to coat.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates and top with pecans and goat cheese.
Lovely tasting salad! The mix of crunch, sweetness and a little zip, it was great!