Recipe by TasteTester
I first found this recipe in the Orlando Sentinel, where it was called "Mother's Day Overnight French Toast," but I changed the name in my recipe book to better describe what type of french toast it is. Enjoy!
- 10 ounces loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch slices (discard ends)
- 5 beaten eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 20 ounces bag frozen whole strawberries
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Combine eggs, milk, baking powder and vanilla extract; mix well. Pour over bread, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, heat oven to 450 degrees. Combine the frozen strawberries, bananas, sugar and apple pie spice.
- Place fruit mixture in another 9 x 13-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top fruit with soaked bread. (The strawberries shouldn't be defrosted.) Sprinkle bread with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.