Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice spring/summer salad with a citrus dressing. Great for a luncheon.
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 3 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 head boston bibb lettuce or 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 6 drops red pepper sauce
- salt and pepper
- For the dressing: add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl; whisk to combine.
- Cover and chill until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, add the strawberries, kiwi, and lettuce; toss gently to mix together; Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, add the avocado and lemon juice; toss to coat; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Right before ready to serve, add the avocado to the salad.
- Then add the dressing; toss to coat.
Great salad! I wanted it to be a main course, so I added shrimp for protein. Also added cashews for crunch. Yums!