Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this recipe in the summer when I go to visit family in England because you can go and pick fresh strawberries which are red, plump, sweet and delicious. This is also another good Nigella recipe.
- 500 g strawberries, hulled
- 50 g caster sugar
- 25 g ground almonds
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 75 g cold butter, diced
- 100 g sliced almonds
- 75 g demerara sugar
- 110 g whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees farenheit. use an ovenproof pie dish that can hold 1.25 litres.
- Put strawberries into your pie dish and sprinkle over them the almonds, sugar and vanilla extract. mix with hands a couple of times to combine the ingredients.
- For the crumble topping put in the flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl and rub in the cold, diced butter between thumb and fingers. when your finished it should resemble rough, pale oatmeal.
- Stir in the flaked almonds and sugar with a fork.
- Tip topping over strawberry mix in an even layer and giving a bit of a press at the edges of the dish.
- Bake for 30 min or until golden.