Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This rich, creamy cheesecake (close my eyes am I in heaven?) will certainly bring a smile to all when they taste it. I have made this for many friends and gatherings. It's a hit with everyone.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup amaretti cookie crumbs (about 28 small cookies)
- 1 (24 ounce) carton 1% fat cottage cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) containers light cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 3⁄4 cups fresh strawberries, halved, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the bottom of a 10-inch spring-form pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with crumbs and set aside.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add cottage cheese and cream cheese, and process until smooth.
- Add 3/4 cup of sugar,amaretto , and whole eggs; process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) and cream of tartar at high speed of an electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Cool 15 minutes. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Combine 3/4 cup strawberries and 1 tablespoons sugar in container of and electric blender: cover and process until smooth.
- Arrange remaining 2 cups strawberries on top of cheesecake. Drizzle with strawberry glaze.
- Note: Preparation time does not include chilling time in refrigerator.