Cook1 hr 30 mins
WOW is this good! I found this recipe in an old cheesecake cookbook called "Cheesecake Madness" that I had purchased at a church rummage sale. I don't know why someone didn't want a book with a recipe this delicious in it. It is nice and thick, melts in your mouth, and forget about dieting...this cheesecake is chock full of diet-wrecking temptations!
- 236.59 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 907.18 g cream cheese, softened
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 6 eggs
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml brandy extract
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour, sifted
- 236.59 ml chopped fresh strawberries
- 946.0 ml strawberry, sliced
- 236.59 ml amaretto liqueur
- 14.79 ml sugar
- You will also need: 9-inch springform pan.
- To prepare crust place graham crackers, sugar and butter in a small mixing bowl. Blend well with fingers or a pastry blender. Press into the bottom of a well-buttered 9" springform pan. Chill in the freezer or refrigerator for about 30 minutes while you prepare the batter and strawberries.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and heavy cream until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure that the mixture is smooth after beating in each egg.
- Add the lemon juice, brandy extract, sour cream, vanilla, and flour and continue beating until very smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the chopped strawberries. Pour the mixture into the chilled springform pan that you have placed on a cookie sheet (the batter will come to the top of the pan so do not be alarmed).
- Bake in a preheated 425° oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 275° and continue to bake for 1 hour.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool for 3 hours. While the cake is cooling, marinate the sliced strawberries in the Amaretto and sugar for about 3 to 4 hours.
- Arranges the slices decoratively on top of the cooled cheesecake and bake in a 350° oven for 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely for 2 hours. Remove the sides of the springform pan and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.