Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Girl Versus Dough's facebook page; slightly modified recipe by Red Star Yeast found at http://www.redstaryeast.com/our-best-recipes/breads-rolls-and-more/strawberry-almond-bread. Made with a stand mixer, but could also be mixed in a bread maker. Allow time for a proper second rise before baking in your oven. ---------- NOTE: If more strawberry flavor is desired, substitute strawberry-flavored drink mix for the sugar called for in the recipe.
- NOTE: If more strawberry flavor is desired, substitute strawberry-flavored drink mix for the sugar called for in the recipe.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1 cup bread flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together strawberries, sour cream, water and oil until warm (about 120 degrees F).
- Add warm strawberry mixture to flour mixture; beat with paddle attachment on medium speed 4 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl and switch to dough hook.
- Gradually stir in remaining flour and slivered almonds on low speed, then increase to medium speed and knead 5 to 7 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Shape dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl; turn to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a tea towel and let dough rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour (or more).
- Punch down risen dough and transfer to a surface sprayed with cooking spray. Pat or roll dough out into a 14-by-7-inch rectangle.
- Roll up tightly from the short end into a loaf; pinch ends to seal. Place loaf in a lightly greased 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Cover pan with plastic wrap or a tea towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or more depending upon the warmth of your kitchen.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375 degrees F. When dough is risen, bake until golden brown and baked through, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing.