4 hrs 10 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
From Girl Versus Dough's facebook page; slightly modified recipe by Red Star Yeast found at http://www.redstaryeast.com/our-best-recipes/breads-rolls-and-more/strawberry-almond-bread. Made with a stand mixer, but could also be mixed in a bread maker. Allow time for a proper second rise before baking in your oven. ---------- NOTE: If more strawberry flavor is desired, substitute strawberry-flavored drink mix for the sugar called for in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: If more strawberry flavor is desired, substitute strawberry-flavored drink mix for the sugar called for in the recipe.
- 2In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1 cup bread flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Set aside.
- 3In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together strawberries, sour cream, water and oil until warm (about 120 degrees F).
- 4Add warm strawberry mixture to flour mixture; beat with paddle attachment on medium speed 4 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl and switch to dough hook.
- 5Gradually stir in remaining flour and slivered almonds on low speed, then increase to medium speed and knead 5 to 7 minutes, or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- 6Shape dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl; turn to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a tea towel and let dough rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour (or more).
- 7Punch down risen dough and transfer to a surface sprayed with cooking spray. Pat or roll dough out into a 14-by-7-inch rectangle.
- 8Roll up tightly from the short end into a loaf; pinch ends to seal. Place loaf in a lightly greased 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. Cover pan with plastic wrap or a tea towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or more depending upon the warmth of your kitchen.
- 9Meanwhile, heat oven to 375 degrees F. When dough is risen, bake until golden brown and baked through, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- 10Remove from pan and cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Almond Yeast Bread
Serving Size: 1 (769 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2143.0
- Calories from Fat 548
- Total Fat 60.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.9 mg
- Sodium 3551.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 348.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.8 g
- Sugars 49.1 g
- Protein 52.1 g