Recipe by Mysterygirl
This is one of those recipes that I clipped out and promptly lost. Now that I've found it again I'm going to try it.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Oh was this good, I didn't have any white rum so I used dark spriced rum which I think worked out fine, not only is this delicious, it makes a beautiful dessert to serve to guests and is not hard to make, this will be a repeater thank you for sharing MG!...Kitten:)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup almond paste, crumbled
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry preserves or 1⁄3 cup strawberry glaze
- 2 teaspoons white rum
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced 1/4 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly coat bottom and sides of 10-inch tart
- pan with removable bottom with vegetable cooking spray. Line the outside of the pan with foil.
- Combine sugar and almond paste in mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed 2 to 3 minutes to break up paste. Beat in butter, scraping with rubber spatula, until smooth.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, until blended; add vanilla.
- Sift flour and cornstarch in bowl.
- Stir into almond mixture and spread it into the.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until top springs back when gently pressed with finger.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Remove side of pan.
- Microwave preserves in cup on High 40 seconds.
- Strain through sieve into small bowl; stir in rum.
- Brush a thin layer over tart.
- Arrange overlapping slices of strawberries on top of cake. Brush top with remaining preserves.