Recipe by Sue Lau
I liked the idea of using the yogurt with the balsamic for a creamy dressing. Yummy!
Top Review by Diana #2
I thought this was quite lovely. Loved the toasted almonds. I had to improvise a little. The spinach was really the pits, so I used romaine. Also, I only had plain yogurt, so I mashed up a few strawberries into it, and continued from there. Really nice. I'd probably up the balsamic a bit next time....love how that goes with strawberries. Thanks Sue for a great recipe. Made for the Auzzie/NZ Swap #30.
- 3 ounces baby spinach leaves, torn
- 1 cup sliced ripe strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
for the dressing
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat strawberry yogurt or 1⁄4 cup strawberry yogurt smoothie
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, if desired