1/2 Photos of Strawberry Almond Slice
This is posted for the World Tour 2005 event. The source is a New Zealand web site, and was modified for posting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Spray a large baking pan (approximately 8 X 12) with cooking/baking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Mix in flour, cinnamon and baking powder, and then the almonds. The dough should be crumbly but stick together when you squeeze it.
- 3Press half the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Place the jam onto this base, and spread it evenly with the back of a spoon, leaving a half-inch border of base around the edge. Sprinkle the remaining half of the mixture over the top of the jam, all the way to the edge; then press down to form the top layer.
- 4Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until the top is golden brown. Cool and slice into 2" square portions.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Almond Slice
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 63.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g