Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from the "Chips, Dips & Salsas" cookbook and is being posted for the strawberry swap. This would be great with angel food cake or mixed berries or fruit.
- 1⁄2 cup pureed strawberry (approximately 12 - 15 small berries)
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In small bowl, fold strawberries into sour cream.
- Fold in yogurt.
- Stir in almond extract and sugar.
- Chill in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
This was a light and delicious fruit dip. I used low fat versions of sour cream and yogurt rather than fat free because that it what I had on hand. I used this as a dip for chocolate graham crackers and it really satisfied my sweet tooth without alot of fat and calories. This was quick and easy to put together--I will definitely make again. Thanks for posting Ducky.