Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light "Prepare the crust and filling up to 2 days ahead; assemble the morning of your brunch. You'll have extra glaze--try it on ice cream or pound cake."
- 36 honey graham crackers (about 9 sheets)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2⁄3 cup light cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 cups small fresh strawberries, divided
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare crust, place crackers in a food processor; process until crumbly.
- Add 2 tablespoons sugar, butter, and water; pulse just until moist.
- Place mixture in a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray, pressing into bottom and up sides of pan to 3/4 inch.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and extracts in a medium bowl; stir until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly over bottom of tart shell.
- To prepare topping, place 2 cups strawberries in food processor; process until pureed.
- Combine strawberry puree, 2/3 cup sugar, and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 1 minute.
- Remove glaze from heat, and cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Combine 4 cups strawberries and juice; toss to coat.
- Arrange berries, bottoms up, in a circular pattern over filling.
- Spoon half of glaze evenly over berries (reserve remaining glaze for another use).
- Sprinkle nuts around edge.
- Cover and chill 3 hours.
- Note: You can use either an 8 x 12-inch rectangular pan or a 9-inch round tart pan. The recipe also works with a 9-inch springform pan and a 10-inch pie plate.
I made this for Mother's Day. It was soooooo good. And the graham cracker crust stayed together perfectly even though I was worried about it crumbling. I will definitely be making this again.
Fabulous!!!! I'll definitely make this again. I used 1 tsp almond extract and did not make the glaze (because fresh strawberries are so expensive here). Instead I used 1/2 cup strawberry preserves that I melted in the microwave. That way I only used 2 cups fresh strawberries. I halved them, placing them cut side down over the cream cheese filling.