1/2 Photos of Strawberry Almond Cream Roll Recipe
1 hr 5 mins
There is nothing better than baking with fresh strawberries. Fresh-picked strawberries and almond-flavored whipped cream make a mouthwatering filling for this special summertime cake roll dessert. This recipe is from Kim's New England Kitchen. You can make the cake ahead of time, refrigerate and fill an hour or so before serving. You can even freeze the unfilled cake roll for three to four weeks before using. Shaved chocolate or toasted sliced almonds are excellent as additional toppings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract or 1 teaspoon Amaretto
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Line pan with aluminum foil and generously grease foil with margarine.
- 3Beat eggs in bowl at high speed for at least 5 minutes until thick and the color of lemons.
- 4Gradually add sugar, then reduce to low speed and add water and almond extract. Combine remaining dry ingredients and add to mixture slowly.
- 5Beat at low speed until batter is smooth.
- 6Pour into greased, foil-lined pan.
- 7Bake 12 to 15 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; Remove immediately from pan and carefully invert onto towel that has been dusted abundantly with confectioners sugar; Carefully remove foil and trim any hard edges;Lightly dust cake bottom with additional powdered sugar.
- 8While still hot, carefully roll cake and towel to form a 10 1/2" roll and Cool 30-40 minutes on wire rack.
- 9While cake is cooling, slice strawberries and prepare almond whipped cream by beating remaining filling ingredients at medium speed until stiff.
- 10Unroll cake, remove towel, and spread cake with half of whipped cream.
- 11Arrange sliced strawberries on top and re-roll. Dust with powdered sugar, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate about an hour before serving.
- 12Slice and top with additional whipped cream.
- 13Note: Chill bowl and beaters before preparing whipped cream filling.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Almond Cream Roll Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.6
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.0 mg
- Sodium 125.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g