Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is a modified Cooking Light recipe. You can try the topping on vanilla ice cream or pound cake, too.
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust (or make your own)
- 2⁄3 cup light cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups small fresh strawberries, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Filling: Combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and vanilla and almond extracts in a medium bowl; stir until smooth.
- Spread evenly over bottom of graham cracker crust.
- Topping: Place 1 1/2 cups strawberries in food processor; process until puréed.
- Combine strawberry purée, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a whisk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining strawberries and lemon juice; toss to coat.
- Arrange berries in a circular pattern over filling.
- Spoon glaze evenly over berries.
- Sprinkle toasted almonds around edge.
- Cover and chill 3 hours.
The taste was very good, but i had some problems with the amounts. i used a purchased graham cracker crust. the cream cheese filling was barely enough to cover the bottom of the pie shell, and was very hard to spread without cracking the shell. even after i added the strawberry layer and the berries the pie was still not nearly filled. i wound up whipping cream and layering it all one more time. i think i will try this again doubling the cream cheese and cooked berries to see if that will help.