Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These are just as good or if not better than the ones you buy at a bakery! They are best if eaten the same day they are made. This recipe is for 6 napoleons, you can double the recipe and use the two puff pastry sheets to make 12. If you prefer a sweeter filling then add in a about 3 tablespoons or more sugar while beating the pudding with the half and half. Prep time includes 30 minutes chilling time.
- 1 puff pastry sheet (half of a 17-ounce package)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup cream or 1 cup full-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 1⁄2 cups strawberries, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds (can use more)
- powdered sugar, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw the folded pastry sheet for about 25 minutes.
- Open the sheet and cut along folds to make three equal strips.
- Half each strips to make six rectangles.
- Space apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until well browned and baked through; remove to a rack to cool.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, using the low speed of a electric mixer combine the pudding, half and half cream; beat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spatula fold in the thawed Cool Whip topping; cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Carefully split each pieces of baked puff pastry in half horizontally.
- Cover the bottom halves with almonds, then the pudding mixture and then sliced strawberries (dividing equally).
- Cover the the pastry tops.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.