Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
So elegant. To make this great dip nonfat, use nonfat sour cream and yogurt.
- 1⁄2 cup pureed strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- angel food cake, for dipping
- In a small bowl, fold strawberries into sour cream. Fold in yogurt. Gently stir in almond extract and sugar.
- Chill in the freezer for 20 minutes then move to the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Serve with fluffy pieces of angel food cake and/or mixed berries.
This is lovely and so fresh tasting. I served it with Angel Food cake and it made the dish seem special! Thanks for posting Sharon.
I halved the sour cream and yogurt so this would be really strawberry-y, and was glad I did. I took another reviewer's suggestion and had it over oatmeal. I would definitely recommend it that way - it went perfectly. The second day I froze the bowl of leftovers (stirring every 15 minutes) to make nonfat frozen yogurt, and that was really delicious too!
Very nice, super fast to do. I put it over more chopped strawberries and angelfood cake on the side, for those that want it. Very pretty parfait dishes!