Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a version of a recipe found on the Very Best Baking Website. This is a easy dessert with nice presentation. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 pre-baked 9-inch pie pastry
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Spread the jam over the entire bottom of the pie crust.
- Microwave the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk about 1 minute or until chips are melted, stirring occasionally.
- Add the extract to the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the jam and spread to cover the jam completely.
- Chill about 1 hour or until the chocolate is set.
- Lay the strawberries over the chocolate in a decorative manner and then sprinkle with the almonds.