Prep 1 hr
Cook 9 mins
This recipe is from Woman's Day. My aunt made them for Easter they are a beautiful cookie that look wonderful on cookie trays.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced almonds, toasted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites, beaten with a fork
- 60 Hershey strawberry cream kisses (two 9.2 ozbags)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In food processor, pulse 1 cup almonds and the granulated sugar until the nuts are ground.
- Scrape into a small bowl and reserve.
- In processor, pulse remaining 1 1/2 cups almonds and the brown sugar until nuts are ground.
- Scrape into a large bowl and add butter, eggs, almond extract and baking powder.
- Beat with mixer on medium until fluffy.
- On low speed gradually add flour and beat until blended.
- Roll level measuring tablespoons dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Dip each into beaten egg whites, then roll in reserved almond sugar mixture.
- Place about 1 inch apart onto cookie sheets.
- Press index finger 1/4 of the way down the center of each to make an indent.
- Bake 9 minutes or until light brown around edges.
- Place sheet on wire rack and immediately place a Kiss in each indent.
- Kisses will melt slightly.
- Remove cookies to rack to cool.