Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe adapted from Helen Evans Browns "West Coast Cookbook".
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄2 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 lb strawberry, hulled
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, finely ground
- 1 pinch salt
- Cream the butter with powdered sugar in food processor until light and fluffy.
- Add strawberries and puree. Add almonds and salt and pulse to mix well.
- Serve with waffles, crepes, toast, cake, good on cookies too!
I made this for a cake and it had a wonderful fresh strawberry flavour. It went much too runny once I pureed the strawberries in the butter and sugar (I should have thought to add them gradually!) so I had to add more sugar. Thanks for posting this tasty recipe!
I agree with JQ, it just doesn't get any better than this. My granddaughter was dipping fresh strawberries in it and loving it. She told me "Grandma you make the best deserts". Thanks so much for posting this great recipe. So simple to make and got a compliment from my granddaughter, and that's a great reward. The picture does not do it justice.