Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light magazine. Spanish for "fresh water", agua fresca is a refreshing, fruit-infused drink that is served throughout Mexico. Depending on the ripeness of the berries, adjust the amount of sugar for desired sweetness. Frozen strawberries would be fine in this. I like this with 2-3 times the water or seltzer water for a thinner drink. I also increase the sugar.
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, more to taste
- 6 cups strawberries, hulled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- Combine water and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Place strawberries in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Combine the sugar mixture, strawberry puree, and juice; stir well.
So refreshing! I used stevia instead of sugar and added a little extra lime because I like tartness. My boyfriend added rum to his :) I'll try this with other fruit as well! Thanks!
Really good! I strained it a bit to remove most of the seeds and pulp.