Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a fantastic cake, prep time includes baking the cake and refigeration time --- you can use white cake in place of the strawberry if desired :)
- 1 (18 ounce) box strawberry cake mix (Duncan Hines is best!)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil (not olive oil)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage, drink (7-Up is best)
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 -4 cups fresh sliced strawberries (or one 1-pound package frozen strawberries, drained very well)
- Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Mix ALL cake ingredients together in a bowl; beat well until smooth (about 3 minutes).
- Transfer cake batter to a prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool, and invert (turn over) cake onto a tray large enough to hold the cake.
- To make the topping: Dissolve the jello powder completely in boiling water, with the sugar, then add in the COLD water; mix well.
- Poke holes all over cake with a straw.
- Drizzle the jello over entire top of cake.
- Place the strawberries slices evenly over and covering all the cake.
- Refrigerate cake for 2 or more hours.
- Just before serving, top cake with Cool Whip topping.
I love your recipes can you please tell me if i can bake 2 cakes at the same time in the oven this is my first time baking a cake. From know on i'm going to cook and bake cause I'm starting to go to school to learn how to cook and bake. Thanks and i love love your recipes keep up your fantastic recipes
I made this cake for the fourth of July. My family loved it, I was absolutely infatuated with the taste. It's really refreshingly light for a cake. I made the cake on the fourth but, it had not jelled until the next morning when I put the cool whip on it. After that was done, the cake was gone by noon.