Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
The title says it all. Easy and elegant. Prep time includes cooling time.
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 3 ounces good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 6 cups small strawberries, rinsed, hulled (if berries are large, halve them)
- In bowl, whisk yolks and sugar.
- In saucepan, bring cream, milk, vanilla bean to a boil.
- Gradually whisk hot cream mixture into yolk mixture.
- Return this mixture to saucepan.
- Over medium heat, stir constantly with heat-resistant rubber spatula, 3 minutes, until thick enough to coat spatula (do not let boil).
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate, stirring to melt.
- Strain through fine sieve into bowl.
- Remove bean; scrape out seeds into sauce.
- Place bowl in larger bowl filled with ice cubes and water.
- Stir sauce until very cold.
- Place strawberries in 5 dessert glasses.
- Spoon custard sauce over each serving.