Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
A really really yummy dessert that's easy to put together. Make'em now when the strawberries are in season! There is nothing better than local strawberries in June. Enjoy :0))))
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced (or raspberries, blueberries, etc)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 18 amaretti cookies or 18 ladyfingers, crushed coarsely
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- fresh mint sprig
- Place strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with granulated sugar and let it stand for 20 minutes to release juice.
- Divide crushed cookies into 6 pretty dessert glasses.
- Whisk brown sugar and vanilla into until smooth.
- Divide berries and juices between glasses.
- Spoon the sour cream mixture over berries.
- Just before serving, garnish with mint.
- (*You can make this ahead and put them in the refrigerator separately, then spoon everything together when serving).