Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
An Egyptian dessert.
- 350 g/ 12oz/2 cups fresh raspberries or 350 frozen raspberries
- 0 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 passion fruit
- 0 1/2lb/4cups small strawberry
- 8 plain finger biscuits, to serve (ladyfingers)
- Bring the berries to room temperature.
- Place the raspberries and sugar in a small saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until it's simmering.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then remove from heat to cool.
- While the syrup is cooling, halve the passion fruits and scoop out the seeds and juice.
- Use a blender or food processor to blend the passion fruit pulp and raspberries together for a few seconds. Strain through a fine, nylon sieve to remove seeds.
- Fold the strawberries into the sauce and serve with plain ladyfingers.