1/6 Photos of Strawberries With Kahlua Cream
Leggy Peggy's Note:
This easy-to-make dessert will impress family and friends. It comes together in minutes, but everyone will think you slaved over it. Make the Kahlua cream a day or two ahead, so the flavors develop. The instructions here call for the berries to be roasted, but it is perfectly fine -- and totally delicious -- to simply stir the berry ingredients together and let them marinate in the fridge for a few hours before assembling.* I figure roast them in winter and refrigerate them in summer. The recipe can be easily halved or doubled. Created for RSC #10.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese (can be slightly reduced fat)
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua (or equivalent)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 -4 tablespoons brown sugar (satisfy your sweet tooth (I use 2)
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 8 cups strawberries, hulled
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1For the Kahlua cream, put the ingredients (except the heavy cream) in a food processor. Process until combined, scraping down sides as needed. Add the cream and process again briefly. Refrigerate until needed.
- 2If strawberries are different sizes, cut the largest ones in half. Otherwise leave whole.
- 3When you are ready to make the berries and pecans, preheat oven to 350 degrees. *If you decide not to roast the berries, you can stir the berry ingredients together and put them in the fridge to marinate for a few hours. and skip steps 5 and 6.
- 4Chop pecans. Spread them on a baking tray. Toast them in the oven for about 8 minutes. Cool.
- 5Put berries in an oven-proof pan (such as glass) on a sheet of baking paper. Sprinkle with castor sugar, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. Stir well.
- 6Roast strawberries in oven for 15 minutes, shaking the pan or stirring every 5 minutes.
- 7Dish the berries into bowls and spoon over any pan juices. Serve immediately, topped with a good dollop of Kahlua cream. Garnish with toasted pecans. Add mint sprigs (if desired).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberries With Kahlua Cream
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.2
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 99.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g