1/6 Photos of Strawberries With Kahlua Cream
Leggy Peggy's Note:
This easy-to-make dessert will impress family and friends. It comes together in minutes, but everyone will think you slaved over it. Make the Kahlua cream a day or two ahead, so the flavors develop. The instructions here call for the berries to be roasted, but it is perfectly fine -- and totally delicious -- to simply stir the berry ingredients together and let them marinate in the fridge for a few hours before assembling.* I figure roast them in winter and refrigerate them in summer. The recipe can be easily halved or doubled. Created for RSC #10.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese (can be slightly reduced fat)
- 2 tablespoons Kahlua (or equivalent)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 -4 tablespoons brown sugar (satisfy your sweet tooth (I use 2)
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 8 cups strawberries, hulled
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1For the Kahlua cream, put the ingredients (except the heavy cream) in a food processor. Process until combined, scraping down sides as needed. Add the cream and process again briefly. Refrigerate until needed.
- 2If strawberries are different sizes, cut the largest ones in half. Otherwise leave whole.
- 3When you are ready to make the berries and pecans, preheat oven to 350 degrees. *If you decide not to roast the berries, you can stir the berry ingredients together and put them in the fridge to marinate for a few hours. and skip steps 5 and 6.
- 4Chop pecans. Spread them on a baking tray. Toast them in the oven for about 8 minutes. Cool.
- 5Put berries in an oven-proof pan (such as glass) on a sheet of baking paper. Sprinkle with castor sugar, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. Stir well.
- 6Roast strawberries in oven for 15 minutes, shaking the pan or stirring every 5 minutes.
- 7Dish the berries into bowls and spoon over any pan juices. Serve immediately, topped with a good dollop of Kahlua cream. Garnish with toasted pecans. Add mint sprigs (if desired).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberries With Kahlua Cream
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.2
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 99.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g