Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from a cookbook entitled "100 Calorie Snacks & More." It contains recipes that help you fight hunger and lose weight. One serving of strawberries with about 1/4 cup sauce is low in calories, fat and carbs.
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey, to taste
- ground cinnamon
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved and stems removed
- Combine yogurt, juice, honey and cinnamon to taste in small bowl; mix well. Serve sauce over strawberries.
The cinnamon in this sauce is what took it over the top for me. I did deter from the recipe a bit because plain yogurt is too tart for me, so I used fat-free vanilla yogurt. I sprinkled on the cinnamon and taste tested until I thought it was "just right'. A yummy treat! Made for Spring 2014 Pick A Chef.