Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
simple pleasing Sicilian salad
- 32 ounces fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh green seedless grapes
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wash grapes.
- Wash, hull and quarter berries.
- Combine all in a large bowl and toss lightly to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Spoon into small dessert bowls, and serve.
First off, i did not make this myself but am going to this weekend for my boyfriend. BUT I gave it to a guy here at work to make for our potluck and it is just wonderful. I was skeptical about this recipe because it is not something that I would likely make because of the mint but if I would not have tasted it, I would have really been missing alot. I cannot wait to make this, this weekend. Thank you so very much for a wonderful recipe and my friends also thank you.
This was a very nice summer salad. We had it as dessert, and it was very refreshing. Whole family liked it, especialy my sicilian grandpa..LOL Thanx!!