Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A sweet crisp pastry crust is topped with a smooth and luscious cream cheese filling and then dotted with fresh strawberries - a show stopper!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup very cold unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup seedless strawberry jam, softened for 10 seconds in microwave
- 2 (250 g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 (300 ml) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (regular or fat-free)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam, melted and strained
- fresh strawberries, halved (small size)
- CRUST: Pulse all crust ingredients together in food processor until butter is the size of large crumbs. Press firmly into two 4x14-inch tart pans with removeable bottoms Or two 8-inch round tart pans. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and spread strawberry jam on bottom of tarts. Reduce heat to 300°F.
- FILLING: Beat cream cheese in electeic mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy Add flour and mix well. On low speed add remaining ingredients in order, mixing after each addition just until blended. pour into tart shells.
- BAKE: Bake until center is almost set, about 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Chill until firm.
- TOPPING: Arrange strawberries on tarts; brush with apricot jam. Refrigerate.